The Simple Sentence Exercises
1. The horses walked.
2. The large horses walked slowly.
3. The large horses with flowing manes walked slowly over the bridge.
1. John and Peter went home.
2. John went home and stayed there.
3. John and Peter went home and studied hard.
The first sentence is a simple sentence with a compound subject. The second is a simple sentence with a compound predicate. The third is a simple sentence with both subject and predicate compound.
A simple sentence may have the subject or predicate or both compound.
Write five simple sentences with compound subjects; five with compound predicates.