The Complex Sentence Exercises
1. We think that we can touch the stars.
2. The apple of life, which another has found, is not ours.
3. Heaven seems to us in childhood as our own mother's face.
4. We walked in the garden until our friends came.
5. Life seems fair when we are young.
6. Life should seem fairest when old age comes with its rest after work well done.
Sentences that contain one principal statement modified by one or more clauses are complex sentences.
A complex sentence is a sentence that contains a principal statement and one or more clauses.