The is an adjective, called the definite article, and limits the meaning of house.
Third is an ordinal numeral adjective, and limits the meaning of house.
The is an adjective, called the definite article, and limits the meaning of street.
White is a descriptive adjective, of the positive degree of comparison, and describes house. As white comes after the verb is, and is used to complete the predicate, it is called a predicate adjective.
In parsing an adjective, tell:
1. The class to which it belongs.
2. Its degree of comparison, if it can be compared.
4. If it is a predicate adjective.
Analyze the following sentences and parse all the nouns, pronouns and adjectives:
1. The most beautiful flowers grow in the old forests.
2. Men are but children of a larger growth.
3. This was the noblest Roman of them all.
4. The greatest and sublimest power is often simple patience.
5. He used forcible but courteous language.
6. It was a bright, balmy morning.
7. A swift and limpid rivulet purled over the smooth pebbles.
8. Violets meek and jonquils sweet she chose.
9. "Come one, come all! this rock shall fly From its firm base as soon as I."
Sir Roderick marked - and in his eyes Respect was mingled with surprise, And the stern joy which warriors feel In foemen worthy of their steel.
Write several favorite stanzas of poetry, and underline all the adjectives. Tell whether they express quality, quantity, or position.
Write ten sentences, using adjectives of quality, quantity, and position.